Youth Work Association (Turkish: Gençlik Çalışmaları Derneği) (GENCA) was established on 18th July 2014 by a group of youth worker in order to enable and develop the youth information and youth work. We are aiming to establish new partnerships with individuals and organizations which are working in this field, take responsibility to be executive and develop their activities which will be implemented via cultural, sport and art activities.
GENCA is an independent, non-profit organization that provides practical solutions to the challenge of integrating environmental and social priorities with economic development. We report on international negotiations, conduct rigorous research, and engage citizens, businesses and policy-makers on the shared goal of developing sustainability.
Organization directs its work mainly towards the target group consisted of especially socially and economically disadvantaged young people aged 15-35.
Activities with the following aim(s);
– To fight with hate speech, exclusion and ethnocentrism and xenophobia
– Supporting personal and social development of young people
– Promoting active citizenship and democracy among the society
– Encouraging young people to take initiative and participate in democratic life
– Inclusion and integration activities for disadvantaged young people and immigrants
– To combat with polarization and radicalization of youth
– Activities to develop competences of young people and help their career life
– IT tools for development of Youth Work in EU (www.vopool.net)
Turkish National Agency, affiliated with the Directorate for EU Affairs,The Centre for Education Youth Programmes is a public body established for the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme in Turkey. The Centre receives applications, evaluates and finances the projects and activities under these programmes. It is located in Ankara, the capital city in Turkey.
Youth Work Association was awarded with a fund under the Erasmus+ Youth Workers’ Training Mobility Programme of European Union to implement an International Training Course called “Virtual Action for Human Rights Education” and the training course held in Istanbul, Turkey with 35 participants from Moldova, Lithuania, Albania, Macedonia, Spain, Italy, Romania, Ukraine and Turkey(2).
The partner organisations are;
Youth Work Association, Asociatia Obsteasca Asociatia De Dezvoltare Voluntariat Si İnformare Pentru Tineret Europa Fara Frontiere, Viesoji İstaiga Nacionalinis Socialines İntegracijos İnstitutas, Youth Center Perspektiva, Association Center For İntercultural Dialogue – Kumanovo, Associació Cultural Tabalà, Associazione Di Promozione Sociale Young Effect, Rise and Shine Youth Association, Sof Dağı Gençlik ve Spor Kulübü Derneği, Center For Euroinitiatives
The training course project stands for equality, dignity, human rights and diversity. It is a project against hate speech, racism and discrimination in their online expression. The whole project is a tribute to youth participation and co-management. It was born in a seminar organised by Council of Europe with the participation of European Online Activists of the No Hate Speech Movement (NHSM) Campaign.
Also, the training course was implemented in the cooperation with Council of Europe; So, “Compass: Manual For Human Rights Education With Young People”, “Bookmarks: Manual For Combating Hate Speech Through Human Rights Education”, and “We CAN! Taking Action Against Hate Speech Through Counter And Alternative Narratives” books were distributed to the all participants and our partner organisations.
Main Objectives of the TC: (same as NHSM)
• To raise awareness about hate speech online and its risks for democracy and for individual young people, and promoting media and Internet literacy;
• To support young people in standing up for human rights, online and offline;
• To reduce the levels of acceptance of online hate speech;
• To mobilise, train and network online youth activists for human rights;
• To map hate speech online and develop tools for constructive responses;
• To support and show solidarity to people and groups targeted by hate speech online;
• To advocate for the development and consensus on European policy instruments combating hate speech;
• To develop youth participation and citizenship online.
Trainers and facilitators;
H. Şansel OSKAN, Ümit YARDIM, Nisa AKIN, Yağmur BAYINDIR, İ. Halil ÇETİNKAYA, Mert DEMİR, Mehmet ÇETİNKAYA, Mustafa YILMAZCAN and Hakan ÇOLAK has taken part as a trainer.
We want to share a short video presentation prepared by Halil ÇETİNKAYA with you! 🙂
In addition, Oleg Artenii prepared a video from his perspective! Here it is;
5 days of our training course is summarized graphically by Antonio Spadaro!
Graphical drawings can be found below. We thank him once again!
And now, some photographs from our training course;
See you in another NHSM event! 🙂
With love <3 Greetings from Istanbul,
Youth Work Association Team!